Monday, March 24, 2008

Taxol is ZZZZZZZZ, Decadron is ZOW

Taxol infusion went okay today. With 50 mg of Benadryl in my IV drip, I conked out fast. Put in my ear plugs and put on my sleep mask and everything. Roland brought me poached chicken, a protein smoothie, and an orange for lunch.

Psych.

I had a Coke from Hill Bert's and an order of the crunchy tacos.

Came home about 1:30 or so and I went back to bed for 2 more hours. That super rest, combined with the Decadron high (I had 20 mg at home, then another 20 more in the IV) has at this moment turned me into a housewife cyclone. I went for a 30 minute walk, assembled dinner, am now doing laundry. Yes, I just had chemo today. The only immediate problems? I will probably not have a good night's sleep tonight and will experience a crash from coming off the Decadron. Maybe I'll clean something with a pile of Q-Tips, then organize family photos. That ought to bring me down to earth again.

No comments: