Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Okay, now it is happening


I know it's pretty irresistible if it is not happening to you. You are wondering, "When will she start losing her hair?"

Well, friends, that day is TODAY. It's dropping out like needles from a Christmas tree (an apt comparison because my hairs are just about that long). I'm currently containing the shedding with one of those adorable stretchy caps I bought at Pat Painter's a few weeks ago. Yes, no more pretending I am just starting a "new look" with my cropped locks. I'm Cancer Gal now.

Tomorrow I am scurrying back to Pat's so Celeste can style and clip the wig I bought there. Pat said on the phone they can finish the job with my hair, as well. Oh, it's just not going to be as hilarious as it was the first time I went in there. The first time, K and I snickered and giggled. Ooh, silly wig, sexy wig, soccer mom wig. No laughing this next time. Not funny anymore.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Fucking doxorubicin! I'm so glad that you got the big shave before this kicked in.